Kwazulu Natal , R30000 - R30000 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Friday, 5 August 2022
A grocery market is looking for a Systems Manager to be responsible for the management of the IT infrastructure and risks to support the company and to provide support to users in order to resolve IT related issues and restore normal business processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Run reports and analyze data, and report back to Operational Manager.
- Plan and co-ordinate a full stock take (+/- 100 people)
- Assist users with software, hardware, and connectivity issues.
- Monitor network and systems for performance, security, and other issues.
- Recommend, install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all computer and networking software and hardware for use in an office, department, or small company.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot file, email, and authentication servers, as well as Internet access and other networked services.
- Ensure the IT environment is up and running during core business hours as per the policy requirements
- Disaster recovery procedures and data backup systems are in place
- Management and overseeing IT infrastructure and servers
- Hardware and facility management
- Oversee the efficient management and implementation of IT Software to support productivity within the company and ensure internal controls are in place
- Ensure that the latest anti-virus and other security software is installed on all devices, and monitored on a weekly basis
- Ensure that IT Support tickets are responded to in a timely basis and assist in troubleshooting and resolving identified issues
- Identify training requirements for users based on support tickets
- Monthly reporting regarding all IT related issues
- Management of team members and provide guidance and coaching where necessary
- Regular training of staff
- 4-year IT Qualification, Degree
- 5- 8 years experience within a similar position in the Retail Industry
- Experience in managing projects and people
- Proven track record in business development and building relationships
- Software knowledge - Accpak, Arch,
- Hardware knowledge - Networking, CPU, PABX, POS
- Server, Desktop and Cloud Management
- Network and Firewall Management
- IT Security Management
- Good understanding of Server setup, Backups and retention periods.
- Good understanding of Windows Server 2012/2016 and Desktop Windows 10.
- Good understanding of internet connectivity including express route and redundancy measures.
- Good understanding of the environment and the potential threats from outside.
- Up to date understanding and knowledge of security risks, threats, and systems available in the market to mitigate these risks.