Junior Store Buyer
Kwazulu Natal , R15000 - R15000 Per Month
Sector: Food & Beverage
Posted: Friday, 5 August 2022
A grocery market is looking for a Junior Store Buyer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Required to purchase and manage merchandise within the company's Trading product portfolio.
- Plan and select the range, type and quantity of products according to customer demand (e.g. price, quality and availability); trends; store policy and budget.
- Source and review existing merchandise to ensure products remain competitive and available (out of stock products- source from other suppliers if necessary)
- By fully understanding customer needs, the appointed Buyer will be required to maximise profits.
- Keeping up to date with market trends and reacting to changes in demand are key elements of the role.
- Manage plans for stock levels and react to change in demand and logistics.
- Meet with suppliers and review orders, follow up on ordered stock and deliveries
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers for future products.
- Identify growth opportunities and risks in assortment, and develop contingency plans.
- Monitor and manage delivery schedules and communication
- Analyse consumer buying patterns and predict future trends.
- Conduct store checks to ensure ready for trade at all times
- Generate reports
- Ensure product supply meets demand in liaison with support staff
- Train and mentor support staff
- Conduct an overall product profitability analysis and make recommendations – inactive products
- Maintain relationships and grow the business including customers (Customer Service)
- Stock takes, preparations, including maintaining of back up areas (Stock levels)
- Ad-hoc duties given by management
- Senior certificate
- Relevant Qualification
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and Power Point & Outlook)
- Minimum of 3-5 years retail buying experience within a FMCG environment
- Excellent stock and product knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure