Accounts Payable Controller
Western Cape Market Related
Posted: Friday, 5 August 2022
A globally positioned client based in Cape Town, is looking for an Accounts Payable Controller to support the finance function and organisation holistically as a Finance Controller with specific focus on Foreign Creditors and Treasury.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Accounting records, budgets and costings are prepared and maintained accurately and timeously.
- Ownership and Responsibility to ensure controls are implemented and maintained to protect the business and reduce the risk of negative financial impacts
- Provide reports to support business and decision making - the reports should be accurate, timely, relevant and insightful
- Managing cashflow and working capital to support to support profitability and preserve cash
- Finance as a business partner should hold the business accountable for decisions made, while continuously supporting the business strategy, goals and budgets.
- B Com in Accounting or Finance Diploma
- Need to demonstrate Financial technical skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and workflow to meet deadlines
- Experience in processing of large volumes of operational accounting documentations including banking and accounts payable.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience
- Sage Evolution Experience advantageous
Competencies / Skills:
- Detail orientated
- Negotiation and Leadership
- Planning and building
- Technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong technical skills
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication