Kwazulu Natal , R30000 - R35000 Per Month
Sector: FMCG - Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Posted: Tuesday, 2 August 2022
A leading FMCG exporter is currently looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and accomplished individual who has experience in procuring meat for the Export Market. This position will be based at in Durban.
The candidate would be responsible for the purchasing of all meat, both locally and internationally, for exportation and ensuring that the export process is done correctly and in line with the South African and International regulations.
The candidate would also be required to inspect local containers whilst being loaded. The candidate will be the contact person between the business and the various export authorities and all meat suppliers both domestically and abroad. It is important that the candidate has very good meat knowledge and knows the grades and cuts of pork, beef, chicken, lamb, and fish.
The successful individual will be working closely and supporting the existing Category Meat Manager & Procurement Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Providing support to the Meat Division Business Development & Procurement Manager
- Building strategic relationships and sourcing meat products from local and international suppliers
- Supplier liaison, price negotiation & market report feedback to suppliers & customers
- Negotiating marketing support and meat samples from suppliers
- Monitor and assist with the execution of orders with suppliers and the Export Coordinators ensuring that all protocols are adhered to
- Problem solving and claim resolution
- Maintenance of the meat products data base (GW)
- Assistance with development and maintenance of protein specifications (Supplier and Customer)
- Assist with PPECB requirements, veterinary department requirements and any regulatory requirements, to ensure the requisite documentation is prepared and available for shipments
- Supplier site inspections might be necessary from time to time
- Continuous professional and category education, to keep abreast of industry trends and innovation
- Performing duties timeously and meeting deadlines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar capacity with experience in purchasing
- Extensive knowledge of meat and the various cuts (Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken and Fish)
- Good understanding /experience of the meat export process
- Current relationship with meat suppliers
- Understanding and or experience of import regulations for meat in South Africa would be a bonus
- Computer Literate
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transport.
- Negotiation skills
- Driven and determined
- Proactive and assertive
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to handle pressure
- Solution driven
- Able to work independently
- Team Player