Head of IT
Western Cape Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Thursday, 28 July 2022
A Multinational leading ISP with large scale national network, is looking for a Head of IT to help grow the existing business and shoot for the stars. We are looking for some fresh energy and top of our shopping list is someone clever and super energised.
The Head of IT must be an individual with minimum 5+ years in a similar Senior Position within an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Fibre Network Owner (FNO). So, you really need to know your stuff. You would also need to be someone that is willing to go above and beyond to ensure that the Network and all its parts are functioning optimally, all the time, uptime is our game. You should thrive on a fast-paced dynamic environment where speed to market and quick action is a clear differentiator. You need to be the master of your own destiny and enjoy a balanced lifestyle.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Design, spec and implement sound network solutions.
- Strategic understanding of fibre technologies in use and the relationship to the Core Network environment.
- Deployment & management of the Network to ensure compliance, uptime and redundancy.
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably & securely.
- Monitoring, maintenance and configuration of core network infrastructure.
- Identify and plan for upgrades/capacity/hardware.
- 3rd Line support, handling escalated calls.
- Engage proactively with significant customers.
- Proactive maintenance of access and core networks.
- Product R&D in order to discover new technologies that yield a competitive advantage.
- Liaise with various 3rd parties to ensure resolution.
- Liaise with the Project Management team.
- After-hours standby management and participation
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Have at least 5+ years’ experience in the ISP industry at a senior level.
- 5+ years’ working knowledge of the following: Linux, IPv4 & IPv6, MTU, BGP, OSFP, VLANs, MPLS, Cisco, Juniper, Mikrotik & FortiGate.
- Certifications in CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Have a thorough understanding of TCP/IP and the network stack.
- Excellent communication and proven customer relationship management proficiency
- Ability to understand client requirements.
- Leadership, organizational and administration abilities.
- Ability to perform under pressure and is deadline driven.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage / work well within a team and take full responsibly individually.
- Solution orientated and ability to take the initiative.
- Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts, ISP’s, IT Vendors and consultants to plan and implement the evolution of the overall systems architecture to meet the changing business needs as the company scales.
- Ensure the overall compatibility and security of the systems architecture.
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and establish regular maintenance and monitoring dashboards.