Distributor Sales Manager
Western Cape , R47000 - R47000 Per Month
Sector: Retail Trade
Posted: Friday, 22 July 2022
A Footwear Manufacturer is looking for a Distributor Sales Manager to ensure that Net Sales, Gross Margin & ASP targets are achieved for allocated Key Accounts (KA’s) and Distributors by optimising sales opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Set and achieve Net Sales and Gross Margin targets for agreed regions and selected Distributors and KA’s.
- Develop strategic alliances with Distributors and KA’s to drive brand share of their businesses.
- Ensure forecasted business plans are built for each distributor and KA’s
- Manage assortment planning, pricing, sell in, order book management and order delivery.
- Manage the brand segmentation between the account tiers.
- Liaise with NSM and Product Managers to ensure product and sales strategies align with product and assortment objectives.
- Conduct monthly review meetings with all Distributors and KA’s
- Ensure KA One Pagers are kept up to date
- Conduct quarterly business review meetings with each Distributor and KA.
- Ensure pre-line and sales meetings take place with key/major accounts.
- Ensure Distributors and KA’s total business objectives and budgets are met across Footwear and Apparel.
- Complete weekly sales & bookings reports, with a focus on forward bookings for NSM.
- Ensure Distributor/KA monthly and quarterly sales reports are completed.
- Complete weekly work in progress report for National Sales Manager.
Forecasting & Inventory Management
- Work with the NSM to build and manage a rolling 12-month Distributor and KA SKU forecast.
- Prepare for each sell in a forecast by account by month on product requirements and delivery flow.
- Take responsibility for account forecasts against budgets and report to demand Planning.
- Achieve 90% forecasting accuracy for each Distributor and KA
- Work with the NSM and Demand Planner on placing excess inventory through Distributors and KA’s.
- Assist product managers to select appropriate product for each Distributor and KA.
- Assist in the strategic segmentation of the product
- Ensure that the product mix is in line with overall company strategy and its gross margin targets are achieved
- Ensure the pricing structure is correct for the accounts to achieve internal margin targets.
- Ensure the key marketing styles are actioned through the accounts through planned and executed GTM strategy
- Provide continuous feedback to NSM and product managers to ensure relevant feedback
- Build catalogue information with pricing as well as preparation of order sheets each season.
- Ensure finance signs off on all pricing prior to customers receiving information.
- Work closely with Customer Service team to ensure all business partners receive premium service.
- Attend after hour functions where appropriate to ensure support is provided in Distributors and KA’s achieving business goals.
- Significant experience and tertiary education preferred.
- Strong Account Management skills.
- Strong Footwear and Apparel product knowledge for both company and competitor product.
- Strong numeric, analytical, excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven entrepreneurial and commercial skills in wholesale and distributor businesses.
- Persuasive sales and presentation skills with a strong customer service focus.
- Sporting goods industry understanding, and experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Proven negotiation skills and determined self-starter.
- Outgoing and sociable with a willingness to spend time with customers after hours.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if required