Gauteng Market Related
Posted: Tuesday, 19 July 2022
The Company (Pty) Ltd (“SA Metal”) is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turned 100 years old in 2019. More information can be found on our website, .
SA Metal sends out teams to remote locations to conduct specialist site clean-ups, and to remove and dismantle old buildings, steel structure, equipment and vehicles.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the below:
- The daily planning and managing of two to three of these teams.
- Each team has a supervisor, overseeing the daily tasks on site. This supervisor will report to the Project Manager.
- Site inspections are to be done daily, unless the site is far away, in which case the incumbent will be required to stay for longer periods. These periods will be determined by management.
- The Project Manager will assist the health and safety department with risk assessments and methodologies of scope of work.
- They will be in charge of ordering and booking out of consumables, and the daily management thereof.
- They will liaise with clients on the progress of each site, and will submit progress reports to management.
- They must accurately maintain administrative records.
- They will be sent to conduct assessments for potential work to be done, and will submit costings to management for review.
- Be able and willing to travel to different sites within South Africa and being away from home for extended periods.
- Own reliable transport
- Tertiary qualification
- Managerial Experience
- 5 years’ experience in production, heavy engineering or mining environment.
- Previous demolition experience an added advantage
- Experience in discipline and IR
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Knowledge of processing ferrous and non-ferrous materials as well as quality standards
- Extensive knowledge of scrap processing machinery is a bonus
- Computer literacy, in particular MS Outlook and Excel
- Sound decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and implement operational strategies effectively
- Being self-motivated and taking initiative when the need arises.
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent organizational ability
- Ability to communicate well (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to negotiate
- Commitment to a strong business ethic and integrity
- Must able to work accurately, under pressure, in order to meet strict deadlines