UPS - Inverter Technician
Western Cape , R12000 - R12000 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Tuesday, 19 July 2022
A distributor of computers and ICT products is looking for a Technician to be responsible for servicing, testing and repairs of inverter/UPS equipment. This could include inverters, solar panels and peripherals, UPSs as well as monitors and/or other related computer equipment and components depending on the requirements of the position. The technician also provides technical support to customers relevant to the specific area/discipline.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Complete optimum number of repairs per day according to the specific discipline. Keep to a minimum of 4 per day.
- Handle all enquiries regarding inverters, on the telephone, via e-mail or at the front desk.
- Carry out repairs of UPSs and Inverters.
- Carry out on-site Solar assessments.
- Complete work within the turnaround time of less than two days.
- Maintain work rate at above 90% of SLA.
- Maintaining a rework rate of below 3%.
- Follow the correct test process for international brands.
- Log test results on the server.
- Accept repairs on Studio immediately after removing the item from the customer store.
- Follow up with clients awaiting feedback and update the notes on Studio. Update the client on the job progress.
- Return 100% of test stock to service stores within 2 days from receipt.
- Complete applicable forms, such as fault reports, daily.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly and professional manner as representative of the business.
- Maintain a professional image with the necessary attention to being clean and neatly dressed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Stay abreast of technological advancements pertaining to product range.
- Provide customer support, either via e-mail, telephonic or at the front desk.
- Make recommendations to direct superior in terms of growth, better customer service, etc.
- Clean work area once a week before closing off.
- Follow all quality and health & safety requirements, and report any safety hazards or faulty equipment/facilities promptly.
- CompTIA A+
- Electrical engineering N6 + trade test Preferred)
- 2 years’ experience as a technician or related experience
- Driver’s license (Preferred)
- Good knowledge of internal quality procedures
- Knowledge of ICT industry
- Product offering software and hardware technical knowledge
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft applications skills
- Diagnosing and repair all technical faults of particular discipline.
- Running diagnostic reports to confirm the quality of the repair and that the fault is resolved.
- Time Management
- Able to function under pressure
- Contribution to team success
- Quality awareness and customer focus
- Attention to detail