Front Desk Clerk
Western Cape , R10000 - R10000 Per Month
Posted: Tuesday, 19 July 2022
A distributor of computers and ICT products is looking for a Front Desk Clerk to be responsible for assisting clients with the booking in of goods for repairs, and collection of repaired goods. Work to solve problems quickly, maintaining a friendly and professional attitude even in the face of challenges, such as an irate client. Strive to provide customers with the best experience possible.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
Booking in and collection of repairs
- Complete all the fields on the book in page (fault description, contact details and condition of unit) with 100% accuracy, together with the notebook checklist and general checklist.
- Carry out warranty checks immediately during booking in on all units brought for repair.
- Phone or e-mail clients to collect stock and update studio.
- Return the repaired goods to the correct customer on collection with 100% accuracy.
- Escalate unresolved customer queries and complaints to the Supervisor within one hour.
- Maintain effective tracking of uncollected repairs.
- Follow up with clients on all outstanding confirmations or collections weekly.
- Report on action taken on uncollected repairs within a month.
- Ensure that all opened stock items returned for credit is checked by a technician before it is credited.
- Follow appropriate quality procedures at all times.
- Escalate problems or concerns to Supervisors or Technical Manager without delay so that the necessary solutions can be arranged timeously.
- Greet clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- When already occupied in serving clients, acknowledge the presence of new clients as far as possible.
- Maintain excellent etiquette when communicating per e-mail or telephone.
- Maintain good housekeeping of the front counter at all times.
- Be meticulous on your personal appearance as face of the business at the front counter.
- File all paperwork daily.
- Carry out warranty checks as requested for website enquiries.
- Check all shelves in the customer store on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to compare stock list with actual stock.
- Follow Quality procedures and Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- Reception courses e.g., telephone etiquette
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a receptionist preferable
- Good knowledge of general administrative processes
- Good knowledge of relevant technology and terminology
- Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Outlook.
- Logging accurate fault descriptions and details
- Correctly returning goods to clients
- Attention to detail
- Task focused
- Excellent customer service
- Pressure resilient
- Team player
- Professional image
- Assistance with general queries