Gauteng , R27000 - R30000 Per Month
Posted: Tuesday, 12 July 2022
A registered Financial Services provider is looking for a Claims Consultant / Short-term Broker in Johannesburg.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Registration of new motor and non-motor with the relevant insurance company.
- Understanding the policy wording, in terms of what is covered and not covered, with reference to each insurance company (Old Mutual, Discovery, PPS, Auto & General, Momentum, Renasa, Santam, Rodel, and Echelon).
- Arranging emergency service assistance for clients such as roadside assistance or burst geyser assistance.
- Notifying the relevant insurance company that they will be receiving a claim form.
- Continuously monitoring the progress of the claim and updating the client accordingly.
- Obtaining photos from clients for vehicle damages, damaged items etc.
- Continuously follow up on claim progress with insurer.
- Contacting the assessor to understand why claim was rejected or only paid out portion of the claim.
- Ensuring the assessor contacts the client to discuss claim.
- Discussing settlement and outcome of the claim with the client.
- Ensuring the client signs agreement of loss.
- Arranging for collection of the salvage from the client.
- Analysing the settlement amount and negotiating this with the insurer to ensure the client receives a better settlement.
- Ensuring the client’s item has been successfully replaced/ money has reflected in clients’ account.
- Removing the lost/stolen/damaged item or written off vehicle from the client’s policy schedule.
- Sending the relevant claim forms to the client with regards to the specific claim.
- Registering the claim with the relevant insurance company.
- Follow up with the panel beaters for the full damage report.
- Ensuring that the replacement quote was submitted to the insurance company.
- Arranging car hire for the client if selected on the policy.
- Extending car hire if the vehicle is not complete at the panel beaters in time.
- Requesting letter from bank in respect of outstanding balance, if any.
- Identify excess applicable and discussing this with the client.
- Ensuring the claim forms have been singed correctly.
- Ensure quotes and damage reports have been provided to the insurance company.
- Check SAPS details are provided.
- Ensure that drivers’ licence is provided, and that drivers licence is valid.
- Provide photos of damaged vehicle to insurer.
- Arranging emergency service assistance for clients.
- Discussing the agreement of loss with the client, what has been authorised for repairs and what has not.
- Ensuring the client has paid the panel beater the excess amount once repairs have been complete.
- Contacting panel beater to identify the progress of the vehicle.
Non-Motor / Property Loss Claims
- Ensure the attached claim form is fully completed and singed by the insured.
- Identifying the SAPS case number and name of the policy station where the matter was reported.
- Ensuring clients obtain quotations for repair to damaged items or replacement quotations for lost, stolen and non-repairable items.
- Obtaining evaluation certificates (jewellery and watches) from clients.
- Obtaining proof of ownership for missing/stolen items from the clients.
- Ensuring the stolen/lost item such as cell phones/iPad/laptops have been blacklisted from the service provider.
- RE 5
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Claims Administrator/Consultant
- Reliable transport
- Relevant financial NQF 4 (120 credits) or working towards obtaining qualification will be an advantage.
- Analytical Thinking
- Building Relationships
- Client Excellence Orientation
- Organisational Alertness