Business Development Officer
Gauteng , R35000 - R45000 Per Month
Posted: Thursday, 7 July 2022
A lender company that provides affordable working capital solutions to small and emerging businesses is looking for a Business Development Officer to guide qualified prospects towards becoming new Merchant Partners and to generate a strong pipeline of SME funding leads from these Merchants.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Identify, research and engage merchants and guide them through the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation and merchant acquisition, driving "Pay Later" applications through the Merchant.
- Revenue generated from small businesses using our Pay Later solution to make purchases from our merchant partners
- Dig in and be hands on in learning the product, and use your sales and presentation skills
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, and closing business
- Maintain updated sales records and prospect status on our CRM system (Pipedrive) with an eye toward a balanced pipeline
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to develop strategies to increase top of funnel conversion
- Manage your own pipeline and sales activity with a view to accurately forecast your personal (i) merchant acquisition, (ii) sales (loan disbursement) activity and revenue generation.
- Provide update on sales activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
- Contribute to a culture of learning, focused on high-performance, agility, and creativity within the team
- Collaborate with products teams to identify and develop funding products
- Collaborate with technology team on ongoing development of systems, processes, workflows, and business practices to ensure continuous improvements of merchant and customer experiences, business efficiency and capacity
- Generate interest merchants by offering incredible value, even if as loss leader
- Identify where interest exist (type of merchants)
- Establish why interest exists
- Identify and develop appropriate relevant value metrics/drivers for different type of merchants (identify measurable value proposition/KPIs)
- Measure conversion rates lead/interest to sale
- Request merchant sales data to best demonstrate and measure our value drivers
- 2-3years experience in Customer Service or related.
- Diploma/Degree in Sales and Marketing an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; and CRM softwares such as Salesforce, Zendesk etc.
- Proactive & hardworking
- Experience working with B2B customers is preferred
- Exposure to e-Commerce and online Marketplaces is an added advantage
- Very good organization skills
- Team player – comfortable to work in multicultural environments
- Problem-solving capabilities. The capacity to work well under pressure and remain polite even when solving clients complicated queries
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinking to come up with new ways to improve the firm’s level of customer service