Gauteng Market Related
Sector: Management Consulting
Posted: Thursday, 23 June 2022
A boarding school is looking for a Facilities Manager to drive and deliver strategic & operational Facilities management objectives towards the realisation of the school’s strategic goals. You will need to identify, develop and execute innovative, leading edge facilities management solutions and consistent service delivery, and manage and provide operational support to the school’s management and staff while providing leadership to direct subordinates.
RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide strategic and executing facilities management solutions to meet customer needs;
- Manage Facilities Management operations, multi-term preventative maintenance programme and unplanned maintenance;
- Conduct planning, forecasting and for multi-term CAPEX and OPEX budget;
- Manage Environmental and Green Building surveys and propose improvements;
- Manage multiple medium to complex technical projects;
- Develop and manage existing policies and procedures and ensure legislative compliance and advancement of strategic goals
- Ensure on-going compliance with legislative and regulatory developments that impacts the Facilities environment i.e. Electrical Certificates of Compliance, Fire;
- Oversee space planning and manage allocation, and churn (Office moves);
- Maintain an archive of master drawings, site establishment documents and photographs, Materials and Finishes Schedules and data files;
- Manage all FM contracts and soft services throughout lifecycle;
- Provide Technical advisory and guide investment decisions;
- Asset & Inventory Management: Assume life-cycle custodianship for fixed and moveable FM assets of the school;
- Procurement Management: Formulate specifications, develop requests for quotation & tender Terms of References.
- Follow processes for quoting, approval and payment, in line with Finance policies and guidelines.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- An NQF 7 Qualification in the Built Environment Building Environment / Construction Management/ Electrical;
- A minimum of 7 years technical experience with four years in Management role;
- A minimum of four years’ preventative maintenance scheduling;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in project management;
- Proven knowledge and experience in full function management with BMS Systems, LT, Generators, HVAC systems, Fire & water reticulation systems;
- Proven budgeting, Policy drafting and finance management experience; Proven ability to manage teams of different work streams
- Trade tested Artisan (Electrical / Plumbing) an ADVANTAGE;
- PV Energy & Green building experience an advantage;
- A valid driver's license.
- Strong customer relationship and stakeholder management skills;
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the customer experience through service delivery excellence;
- Ability to foster strategic partnerships and manage internal and external relationships effectively;
- Ability to effectively convey complex technical issues or concepts to all stakeholders;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to motivating and developing staff and team building.
- Facilities & Soft Services Management
- Multi-Site Facilities Management
- Low Tension Current
- Water plant reticulation & plumbing
- Contractor Management
- Buildings maintenance
- Management Building Services
- Fire Management
- Building inspection
- Emergency Planning
- Service Contract Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent organization and administration skills;
- Sound relationship building skills.
- Work with the highest integrity and ethics adhering to the client’s policies and regulations.