Kwazulu Natal , R16000 - R22000 Per Month
Posted: Wednesday, 15 June 2022
A leading FMCG exporter is currently looking for seasoned enthusiastic Creditors Controller to join their accounting team. The candidate would be working alongside another Creditors Controller and will report to the Senior Creditors Clerk who in turn would report to the Financial Manager.
The position entails the over-seeing of all transactions with the Company's suppliers. As good working relationships between the company and its suppliers are vital to the success of the company, this role carries an important responsibility. Implied is responsibility for prompt courteous responses to all queries and the up-to date processing of all transactions with suppliers i.e., ensuring that payments are prompt per arranged terms and reconciliations have no unresolved items. Daily maintenance of cash flow report is required as well as monthly commission payments as per the company policies in place.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reconcile statements to remittance advices and show reconciling items outstanding on account.
- Clear reconciling items from reconciliations promptly. This will entail requesting credit to be passed on outstanding claims and resolving queries on accounts. This responsibility is of crucial importance to the maintenance of accurate accounts and the avoidance of loss through claims being unattended to etc.
- Ensure that all available settlement discounts are taken when payments are prepared and that the correct journals are done.
- Ensure all account allocations are correct and any mispostings are correctly processed.
- Ensure that payments are made to suppliers timeously per the terms arranged with them.
- Handling of all foreign payments for purchases and preparing of drafts and telegraphic transfers.
- Pick up all foreign payments in the cash book and show contra entries to clear invoices against payments.
- Ensure that monthly and year-end accounting timetables are adhered to.
Monitor payments for non-trade purchases:
- Monitor payment of all monthly accounts by due date.
- Ensuring that general ledger allocations are correct.
- Posting journals to contra Credit Notes and Credit Note Requests.
- Corrections for any mis-postings which have been incorrectly processed.
- The main responsibility here is to ensure that payments are made timeously to suppliers per the terms arranged with them.
- Arrange for freight payments to be paid.
- Sending documentation at supplier’s request.
- Liaising with suppliers over queries.
- Prepare credit applications for approval by the Financial Director
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a Senior Creditors role
- Must have experience working with foreign creditors
- Must have experience working with Syspro
- Ideally have a Degree or Diploma in Accounts
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of Forex
- Ideally have experience working in a shipping or exporting company
- Confident and outspoken
- Quick learner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle pressure
- Able to handle a high-volume workload
- Accurate and efficient
- People’s person
- Hard worker, gets the job done
- Able to work with minimal supervision