Kwazulu Natal Market Related
Sector: Retail Trade
Posted: Wednesday, 15 June 2022
A retail business based in Durban is looking for a Junior Buyer to assist senior buyers with maximising sales and gross profit for the ladieswear department as well as to satisfy customer needs by sourcing the best merchandise at the best prices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide assistance and support to the buyers with the preparation and implementation of departmental meetings, merchandise meetings and postmortems.
- Source the best quality merchandise to meet current trends in line with the merchandise assortment plan as well as the taste of the target customers.
- Prepare and present a representative merchandise assortment reflecting the total buy.
- Assist with supplier sample management.
- Prepare samples for reviews as per merchandise assortment.
- Assist the senior buyers with negotiating the best deals with suppliers.
- Provide assistance and support to our operations and marketing team.
- Display professionalism in all aspects of your role to your team and external customers.
- Degree in Fashion Design/ Retail/ Clothing Management – Prerequisite
- 2-3years buying experience in a similar fashion retail buying environment
- Must be prepared to travel
- Driver’s License and own vehicle.
- Results orientated
- Innovative and Creative
- Excellent financial skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Good Communication skills
- Attention to detail