Senior IT Engineer
Gauteng , R37800 - R37800 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Friday, 10 June 2022
An IT Services company is looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer to join their dynamic team where you will get the opportunity to work on industry leading projects and systems.
This person will support production Infrastructure and VIP Desktop Support.
The person need to resolve any incidences, conduct preventative maintenance, do regular system health checks, meet training requirements, assist in disaster recovery testing, security compliance and investigate new technology developments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- VIP Desktop Support for Exco and Manco Members
- Kutana Support (Board Members)
- Ensure Business SLA is maintained
- Resolve infrastructure incidents
- Conduct Regular health checks on production systems
- Assist in the bi-annually disaster recovery testing schedule
- Conduct Monthly Security Compliance checks on the servers
- Investigate and implement new technology developments
- Document Solution Designs
- Ensure data is supplied for the monthly IT Report
- Conduct quarterly system patching
- Ensure Anti-Virus definitions and software versions are at the latest release
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies through news, forums, vendor seminars, training institutions that are aligned to the job function.
- Give guidance and assistance to the juniors of the department
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12
- S+ (beneficial)
- ITIL (beneficial but optional)
- Any Microsoft Certifications (beneficial)
- Experience with Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, Networking Infrastructure
- Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 –17h00
- Must be prepared to work overtime.
- Must have own transport
- Working experience on windows servers AD, Exchange, SQL, Hyper V, sharepoint
- Working experience on vmware software products and Symantec products
- Experience with server hardware and software
- Experience with storage devices
- Experience with network switches
- Good telephonic experience
- Good email etiquette
- Good people skills
- Adaptive to technology
- Fast Learner
- Good Problem Solving and Analysis
- Flexible to any scenario
- Has demonstrated the ability to work well with others, team work ethic.
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude
- Delivering Results and Meeting Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Learning and Researching