Business Development Manager
Gauteng , R25000 - R33000 Per Month
Posted: Wednesday, 8 June 2022
A business based in Eswatini that manufactures and distributes gourmet food products to several countries such as SA, the US, the UK, Germany, Norway and Taiwan amongst others, is looking for an exceptional professional to join them in the role of Sales Manager. This role will report to the CEO of the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in sales development and sales management roles in the food industry outside of Eswatini, fulfill its job description activities, and not being scared of rolling up his/her sleeves to contribute to the expansion of the business in Southern Africa. This role should be based in South Africa, preferably in Gauteng or Western Cape. The candidate should have his own vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop sales plan and objectives together with the CEO
- Identify new business opportunities and pursue these opportunities to generate sales and income for the business
- In charge of developing sales and relationships for Southern African markets
- Secure listings with food retailers
- Manage listings with current food retailers (Spar and PnP)
- Develop merchandising and promotion activities for local and regional markets
- Review progress towards and remediate action to secure monthly sales targets in line with the annual strategy
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives, especially ecommerce ones (this includes organize logistics).
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Drive the growth of the revenue of the business
- Training additional sales personnel as required
- Ensure that the company maintains high social and environmental responsibility wherever it does business
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Proven experience in sales development or relevant role in a food or retail business
- Proven work experience in buying roles in supermarket chains and food retail, experience in South Africa in such roles is a plus
- Proven experience driving the growth of a business.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit & Sales ability with business development drive (business and personal networks)