Western Cape , R40000 - R48000 Per Month
Sector: Logistics / Transport / Shipping
Posted: Tuesday, 7 June 2022
An international soft fruit group with business units across the world is seeking a Demand/Capacity Planner to join their team in Stellenbosch.
The Capacity Planner’s role entails supporting the Supply Chain department and specifically the Capacity Manager in managing customer programmes through effective planning and communication with internal and external stakeholders. Your direct responsibilities will include planning, control and performance improvement of packhouse plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- In conjunction with the Capacity Manager ensure that the season readiness planning deadlines are met with regards to:
- Packhouse Level Accreditation
- Packhouse Capacity Categories
- Packhouse Packing Costs
- Grower packhouse packing combinations / configurations
- Updating of templates
- Collaborate with the Capacity Manager to translate the various packing scenarios into realistic season pack plans and liaise with the relevant packhouses on a continuous basis.
- Ensure consistent monitoring and management of season pack plans due to changes in both seasonal production trends, packhouse capacity and market conditions.
- Compile weekly packing instructions per packhouse, taking the allocation and approval documents into account and liaise with the respective packhouses.
- Communicate and manage revisions of packing instructions with packhouses and internal stakeholders to ensure order deadlines are met.
- Active optimisation of ongoing capacity, capabilities, and flexibility of the various packhouses within the grower group in season
- Track grower customer exposure to ensure it is in line with the weekly customer exposure plans. Communicate deviations or improvements to internal stakeholders timeously.
- Drive tiering allocations based on varieties, pack-out assumptions, sea/air splits and appropriately allocate over/under volumes per week.
Execution and Communication
- Daily follow-up with packhouses on fruit deliveries to depots and stagers to ensure the fruit is available for onwards delivery to distribution centres.
- Check and confirm the information on our internal system (Bex) daily according to specifications (i.e., brand, order number, volume, etc.)
- Collaborate with both packhouses as well as the Packaging Coordinator on packaging solutions.
- Liaise with packhouses and relevant internal departments on operational packhouse matters and requirements (specific to KPAs).
- Update packing instructions continuously and send out revisions daily.
- Update daily deliveries as well as the weekly delivery summary to Stagers and issue daily revisions.
- Drive cross-departmental collaboration and ensure that a close working relationship is maintained with internal stakeholders so that they remain informed of any delivery deviations, packing progress, approvals and quality impacts.
- Ensure that a close working relationship is maintained with growers and packhouses so that they remain informed of any delivery deviations, packing progress, approvals and quality impacts.
- Ensure that daily and weekly reporting is updated and maintained based on discussions and data obtained during internal meetings. Lead and drive packhouse meetings in conjunction with the Capacity Manager.
- Co-ordinate and drive the reporting dashboard functions for the Capacity Pillar within the Supply Chain department, including but not limited to the following dashboards:
- Packhouse and Customer order fill
- Cancelled orders
- Packhouse scorecard
- Customer exposure
- Weekly, monthly, and annual reporting including, but not limited to: o Post season reviews
- Daily packing progress reports, short reports, changes
- Packhouse and packaging meetings
- Volume planning and Trade Lane reporting
- Support with ad-hoc planning requests, which come through from time to time.
- Support Capacity Manager with strategic planning models, simulations and optimize existing processes where relevant.
- Lead and/or support Supply Chain related projects and initiatives as they arise.
- Develop and implement appropriate information flows between BWSA and the packhouses, allowing customer orders timelines to be met.
- Contribute to ongoing systems development interface between BWSA and packhouses.
- Point of contact with BWSA Systems department on Power BI reports and Export IT system report generation.
- Full understanding of the Supply Chain and specifically the capacity process to drive and optimise the data interfacing processes between Procurement, Sales and Post-Harvest Teams and IT system in collaboration with the Business System Analyst.
- Bachelor’s in commerce degree (Marketing/Logistics) or equivalent (Essential)
- Experience in fruit exports (2-3 years) (Desirable)
- Exports of perishable cargo experience (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Fruit experience (2-3 years) (Desirable)
- Experience in Supply Chain demand planning (2-3 years) (Desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- High attention to detail (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Strong administrative and numerical skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Planning and organising skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Analytical skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Problem-solving skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Computer literacy (MS Office) (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Strong co-ordination skills (2-3 years) (Essential)
- Approaching problems in a rational and analytical manner
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Effective time management
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Collaboration with others
- Ownership and responsibility
- Results orientation