Eastern Cape , R35000 - R45000 Per Month
Sector: Retail Trade
Posted: Thursday, 2 June 2022
The candidate in this position will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and profitable operation of all branch activities. In addition to reporting all financial and operations information to company management, this candidate is responsible for hiring, training, and dismissing any employees at the branch.
We are looking for a talented Branch Manager to assign, direct and supervise all areas of operation in our spirited and dynamic branch which is an extension of our national organization. The Branch Manager will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the branch and controls/coordinates all operations of the branch to include but not limited to personnel, equipment and financial objectives. Maintain a good customer relation by providing timely, quality service that is safer, faster and better.
- Maintain financial responsibility for all expenses, wages, and asset management
- Identify operational deficiencies and implement plans for improvement
- Create and maintain a weekly report on operations and sales at the branch
- Hire and train all employees of the branch
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Bring out the best of the branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, developing and motivating.
- Share knowledge with other branches and head office on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration.
- Ensure all personnel adhere to the Company’s priorities, i.e. Safety and Service Quality.
- Develops and maintains excellent customer relations to ensure the prompt resolution of customer complaints to achieve long-term customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in business and/or technical discipline or similar qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in management or similar position within the industrial service industry.
- Must possess excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Leadership and human resources management skills.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE/BE:
- Great leadership qualities – somebody who leads by example. Most importantly somebody who has an ability to get the most out of his team - ensuring they are both happy and pulling in the same direction.
- Somebody who is prepared to roll up his sleeves and be hands-on.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- A good team player with good communication skills (both oral and written)
- A fast learner.
- An ability to prioritize tasks and functions in a way that best meets company objectives.
- Reliable and supportive of his staff, but somebody who always acts in the company’s best interests.
- Proven experience in similar position.