Gauteng Market Related
Posted: Tuesday, 24 May 2022
An IT Services company is looking for a Management Accountant to take over custodianship of the Managements accounts, from overseeing the governance structure of charts of accounts, to interpreting and communication of financial data to non-financial managers through standardized and recurring management accounts packs providing insight and analysis of the business performance measured against key metrics, Cost Accounting, Month-End process, and group reporting. The role will also be required to provide support for the financial planning function providing input and insights to budgeting and forecasting through collaboration with functional Unit Heads.
The successful candidate should have excellent inter-personal skills to be able to engage effectively with all executive and senior stakeholders. This role is well suited for an individual that pays attention to detail and accuracy, have great problem-solving abilities and is able to run and manage task with little support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
Management Accounts Governance
- Responsible for governance and approval of the Chart of accounts considering BU, PC, Project, GL ensuring to business operating model
- Responsible for the management of month-end processes and timelines internally and with Group reporting
- Responsible for management, coordination and communication of all reporting and submission timelines across the business
- Responsible to ensure quality control alignment between Financial Account team and Management Accounting team (Recons, Journals, System changes, Allocations, deadlines & internal controls)
- Business Custodianship of the ERP system
Management Accounts Reporting & Analysis
- Produce detailed variance analysis and commentary of actuals, forecast and budget.
- Responsible for preparing and analysing monthly financial performance reports and metrics.
- Responsible for preparing, analysing, and interrogating sales data for accurate reporting, engaging, and collaborating with commercial and sales teams.
- Prepare, analyse, and report on the operating expenditure and deep dive into the General Ledger transactions to ensure accurate reporting.
- Prepare and analyse monthly Business Performance packs and presentation to all Functional Unit Heads (BU, Regions, Contracts, Projects & Cost Centres)
- Prepare and report on profitability of all contracts and recommend corrective measures to ensure accurate reporting with all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage CFO dashboard with key business performance indicators.
Data Accuracy and Financial Systems
- Responsible for ensuring the financial/reporting systems utilised for management accounting reporting and financial accounting is accurate and complete.
- Scrutinise detailed financial transactions in the general ledger and ensure correct Business Unit allocations of revenue and cost through exception reporting
- Facilitate all revenue and cost allocation queries with the relevant stakeholders in the Finance team and collaborate with Business Unit Heads to ensure alignment.
- Ensure all transactions processed in the general ledger have accurate client segment and product split to provide accurate management accounting and reporting.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare a detailed forecast weekly, interrogate and analyses sources of information and interact with commercial, sales, billing, and project management teams.
- Identify and implement corrective measures to ensure accurate input for forecasting.
- Compilation and management of the of the yearly budget process LRP and SRP end to end and collaboration of input from all Business Unit Heads.
- Preparation of budget packs to Vodacom and internally.
- Reporting to Vodacom Group and internally for monthly financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Identify areas of business process improvement through automation and streamlining manual processes.
- “Out of box” thinker to automate and utilise reporting tools to ensure effective and efficient reporting.
- Lead the implementation of new ERP system and collaborate with the relevant stakeholders.
- Finance Champion for adoption of RPA
- Responsible for managing cost steering committee to optimize costs in the organization.
- Provide insightful variance analysis of actuals to budget.
- Identify and recommend effective ways to reduce/optimise costs.
- Develop an operating expense dashboard for cost monitoring.
- Assist and manage all ad-hoc tasks requested by the CFO office.
Qualifications & Experience:
- CA/CIMA qualified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Management Accountant role within ICT sector
- Experience in Financial Reporting role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Financial/predictive modelling (preferable)
- SAGE experience (would be an advantage)
- Pastel experience (preferable)
- Power BI (preferable)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities
- Proactive and questions the status quo
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective decision making
- Prioritisation, planning and organising
- Adaptable to dynamic environments
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Deadline driven