*Remote Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Thursday, 12 May 2022
A small to medium sized company, based in Century City, Cape Town, who works with a US clientele is looking for looking for a Senior QA Engineer oversee the activities of the Quality Assurance staff for software and product design companies. Their job is to oversee the production of test documents, the creation of test procedures, and to ensure the successful deployment of company products.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop focused test plans
- Perform complex test cases and maintain associated test records
- Participates in agile estimation taking into consideration product and process requirements during the development lifecycle
- Assists in the process with development in order to provide timely and accurate resolution to critical customer issues
- Understands the quality portion of building, packaging and deploying code. Identify patterns that need to be addressed from a quality perspective prior to hitting QA environments.
- Proactively works with other team members as needed to resolve issues and meet project goals
- Able to design test plans for future requirements
- Set up and maintain testing environments
- Utilize automated test scripts to perform regression and functional tests
- Follows defined engineering process during the development lifecycle
- Performs peer test reviews to identify improvements to test plans
- Recognized as an expert in one or more areas of product functionality
- Coordinates his/her own work as well as the work required from others
- Demonstrates mastery of problem-solving skills-test plans seldom require re-work
- Uses customer understanding and knowledge of the relevant technologies to measure the quality of a better product/service
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Diploma or degree in IT.
- 3 years of experience with test analysis.
- Previous exposure to Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Working knowledge of JIRA, MS DevOps or similar software work item management system
- Automation exposure: Selenium, Selenoid or similar platforms
- Proficient in: .net, with Java, Python or C# advantageous
- Basic knowledge of SQL at query and data analysis level
- Exposure to API testing will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Postman or similar tools would be advantageous
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems quickly and creatively
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-sufficient and independent individual
- Positive attitude
- Loyal and trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and diligent
- Strong team player