Head of Data
Western Cape , R80000 - R110000 Per Month
Posted: Wednesday, 11 May 2022
A leading micro-payment processing service aggregator is looking for a Head of Data to join their team. This new role will carry the responsibility of developing a strategy for data within the Group, and then grow the team to implement it.
This data will be extracted from numerous sources within the business, processed and warehoused. Furthermore, it must be made available to various stakeholders and users in a variety of ways: Reports, BI Tools as well are directly queried.
This exciting opportunity will give you the canvas on which to make your mark, without being encumbered by legacy decisions. If you are up for this challenge, please drop us a line.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Determine a data strategy for the company.
- Aspects will include:
- Understanding and sourcing data from multiple subsystems across the group of companies.
- Aggregating this into a data warehouse.
- Providing BI and other reporting tools to expose this data to a wider audience.
- You will need to grow a team to implement, support and manage the above systems.
- Sc Comp Sci / B.Sc Electrical Engineering / B.Sc. Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
- AWS Redshift
- AWS Quicksight
- Attention to detail.
- Takes initiative
- Good communication skills
- Team player