Senior Test Analyst
Western Cape Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Thursday, 5 May 2022
A bank-independent Payment Services Provider (PSP) is looking for a Senior Test Analyst to be responsible for testing payment applications and supporting software to ensure the products produced meet both functional and non-functional requirements. Using a combination of manual and automated tests, including the analysis, documentation and reporting of issues found during testing to ensure the delivery of quality products to internal and external customers.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Analyse requirements for the system under test in order to establish and prioritise test conditions, select suitable test cases and test techniques
- Identify test objectives, plan and document test strategies and identify resources required for testing
- Analyze product specifications, software requirements specifications, and software prototypes, and interact with software developers to plan and develop test cases
- Design, build and execute manual and automated test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements
- Design and manage tests that confirm compliance with industry and proprietary protocols
- Design, build and execute load test scripts that ensure the software responds within agreed parameters
- Identify, communicate and respond to product and test activity risks
- Create and maintain technical documentation, define technical documentation templates and prescribed policies and procedures
- Ensure that the requisite technical supporting documentation, in line with the established company development standards and internal policies is created and adhered to at all times
- Build and maintain a test environment that is representative of production
- Fix Verification/Impact Analysis: Developing or recommending solutions to fix any problems discovered during testing
- Reproduce issues and verify no further regressions are caused by the fix
- Breakdown, prioritize and execute tasks to achieve product deliverables per sprint
- Provide estimates for initial high-level requirements and more detailed estimates for upcoming tasks as input into sprint planning
- Ensure that the testing conducted is in line with the output and success requirements of the applicable sprint
- Report test results and conduct defect trend analysis
- Verify that the company delivers software solutions that are of appropriate quality and delivered in line with any applicable contractual obligations
- Conduct and manage handover processes from QA to Operations for accurate implementations within the production environment
Test Strategy/Process/ Team support
- Take overall ownership of the testing strategy and testing processes across all products and projects
- Lead the continuous improvement of the testing strategy and processes
- Ensure other testers follow testing processes
- Guide other testers in best practice and assist in improving their testing skills
- Work with software developers to assist in improving development practices to meet quality standards
- Attend Design Reviews to gain understanding of functionality in order to develop and execute testing tasks and responsibilities
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs
- Stay relevant and up-to-date with latest technology trends and insights
- Demonstrate and promote a strict adherence and knowledge of the latest and most applicable security standards within the payments industry
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Computer Science or equivalent prior learning
- Certified Test Analyst
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in testing environment in a similar role
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, tracks performance and strives to remain effective, learning from both successes and failures.
- Readily takes on challenges or difficult tasks and has reputation for delivering on commitments.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications. For example, successfully leverages the latest technologies to increase performance.
- Quickly embraces and masters new technological advances adopted by the organization.
- May help others learn the terminology.
- Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. For example, addresses tough organizational issues and disagreements in a direct manner; guides others on how to stand up for their beliefs in the face of adversity.
- Can push back and say "no" when needed.
Optimizes Work Processes
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, pursues, explores, and develops ways to ensure own work is as effective as possible within all relevant processes.
- Shares an analysis of process problems with stakeholders; discusses how to resolve the issue.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. For example, demonstrates integrity, upholding professional codes of conduct.
- Instills trust by following through on agreements and commitments despite competing priorities and by being honest and straightforward.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. For example, knows when to act independently and when to escalate issues.
- Integrates various inputs, decision criteria, and trade-offs to make effective decisions.
- Typically makes good independent decisions.