Western Cape , R15000 - R15000 Per Month
Sector: Financial / Accounting Services
Posted: Thursday, 5 May 2022
A second-hand retailer whose head office is based in Muizenberg is looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team.
RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Invoice capture and allocation of bank statement transactions
- Perform debtors and creditors reconciliation – prep weekly and monthly recons
- Prepare and process month end journals - prepayments, accruals, provisions, bank recon and cashbook processing.
- Undertake month-end income statement variance, analysis and commentary
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Assist with Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain internal control systems
- Undertake adhoc tasks required to assist Financial Manager
- Maintain various excel schedules and ensure accuracy and thereof
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- 5 -8 years + bookkeeping experience
- Tertiary qualification required (matric and Diploma)
- Sage One Accounting experience
- Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Sound knowledge and ability to review creditors ageing for any irregularities and querying where necessary.
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Must be flexible with an open mind to find solutions and overcome challenges
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Trustworthy, reliable and responsible
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to meet deadlines and be able to work under pressure.
- Well spoken (English), well presented and professional in approach.
- Self-managed and disciplined