Senior Frontend Developer
Western Cape , R40000 - R55000 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Wednesday, 4 May 2022
An insuretech platform is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who is passionate about tech start-ups and who has a passion for learning. This is a small, tight-knit team all working together to digitally transform the way businesses do insurance, by enabling embedded insurance propositions on behalf of their clients. They are working towards being the biggest insurance-as-a-service platform.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Understand the code base and architecture.
- Lead/participate in problem solving with the engineering team.
- Review and refine business requirements, system requirements & functional specifications for clients
- Assist in developing test case procedures and maintaining test documentation, test plans and test schedules
- Gathering and analysis, basic coding and data mapping.
- Ongoing problem analysis. Conduct research to ensure best practices are applied.
- Issue management; logging, follow-up, resolution, ad hoc duties and analysis.
- System support exposure: maintaining an incident management process; analysing the nature of incidents
- Using Agile methodology where the incremental builds are delivered to the customer in every two to three weeks' time
- Take accountability at client/product level for deliverables
- You will report to the CTO and work closely with the software development team
- We use AngularJS and any angular experience will be beneficial.
- Deep understanding of API Patterns (RESTful/Hypermedia), the main algorithms and engineering design patterns (OOP, MVC, MVW, DDD, OOD/OOA).
- Thorough understanding of the GIT workflow processes, Git Management, ability to handle GitLab, GitHub and work with branches.
- A good understanding of Linux server management and server management in AWS will be a significant advantage.
- Practical experience of AWS services including EC2, S3, Route53 and CloudFront would be beneficial
- Overall understanding of the LAMP stack, Docker, Vagrant and related technology is beneficial.
- A Solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3, CSS preprocessors (especially SASS Framework),
- Responsive Design, Cross-browser issues, browser compatibility issues and Bootstrap frameworks is required.
- Experience with HTML5 APIs such as Canvas, Media, Storage, Service Workers etc. WebGL is an advantage.
- A solid understanding of the full stack, including back end component and API development in Python is a major advantage.
Your personality traits
- Enjoy discerning between important and urgent deliverables.
- Enjoy accountability and can manage realistic delivery expectations.
- Good at implementing robust solutions that meet the functional requirements, but can be disciplined about not getting scope creep or get obsessed about perfection, You enjoy progress more than perfection.