Sales Project Leader
Western Cape , R30000 - R35000 Per Month
Posted: Wednesday, 4 May 2022
A leading micro-payment processing service aggregator is looking for a Sales Project Leader. This role is designated with the responsibility to lead and manage these Project initiatives within the Sales Department.
The company has set up a Project Management Office (PMO) with the specific purpose of structuring all significant or major cross-functional initiatives under a Project format and management flow. Each project is set up with a Project Pod, being a group of key representatives from all relevant business departments, to ensure the project is adequately planned, resourced, and developed through to full deployment.
The Sales Project Leader will thus participate in such Project Squads on behalf of Sales, and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Sales Strategy is in alignment with each project.
- Sales is adequately resourced to deploy all Sales department aspects of each Project
- The National Sales teams (made up of 4 major Regions) are aligned with each Project.
- The Project is supported through to completion as per responsibilities and objectives of Sales and the Business as a whole.
Project Leader to ensure all reporting and administration on project performance and operational execution are completed to both Project and Business requirements.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Leadership & Development:
- Leading a small but very strategic core project team to build a project delivery culture and align the project objectives with the Regional Sales teams. The core team is initially one Project Coordinator and a part-time Project Administrator.
- Developing the Project Coordinator role as a key function within your department.
- Influencing field sales teams and managers to buy into Project objectives and delivery timelines.
- Identifying and recruiting correctly skilled and driven staff to fulfill either Project team roles or new regional roles that are developed as part of a Project initiative
- Collaborate with Project Squad members, and thus other business departments to ensure best results for new Projects for the company as a whole
- Foster a trustworthy relationship with your Sales Director that allows you to work independently whilst knowing when to seek guidance and decision-making approval. Be prepared to share good and bad news as required.
Sales & Marketing:
- Use your extensive trade and VAS commercial experience to provide input to and guide Projects to best align with a successful Sales approach for the company
- Collaborate closely with Biz Dev and the marketing department to provide Sales input to both product development and product marketing.
- Work closely with each regional sales team to ensure the best collaboration and implementation achieved to suit the region’s structure, scale, and market conditions.
- These vary national and can’t always have a ‘one size fits all approach
- Ensure best practice approach is developed based on key success areas, and that this approach is adopted nationally
- Drive Project outcomes to defined KPIs in relation to Sales and its specific department objectives, as well as the company required outcome of each Project.
Strategy & Problem Solving:
- Use your knowledge and understanding of the Sales Strategy, as well as your own strategic ideas, to ensure Sales input into any Project is best aligned to our strategy.
- Identify new market opportunities that will enhance both existing Projects, as well as possibly spawn new project initiatives.
- Be able to problem solve as you go. Proactively propose solutions to problems and be willing to action these. Guidance from other key senior management and colleagues from time to time is encouraged and advised.
Assume responsibility for and ensure:
- Overall control of team staff costs to budget, including agreeing and managing relevant team incentive programmes with your director.
- Overall office, vehicle, travel, and logistics costs minimized and/or aligned to budget or specific project plans.
Administration & Project control:
- Ensure the central administrative team is optimally structured and resourced to fulfill all designated administrative tasks and roles.
- Your role will be best initially optimized by leveraging the part-time support of the shared resource with the Formal Sales team. This involves making sure this resource is clearly focussed on Project and customer KPIs and relevant reporting.
- Ensure weekly and monthly reporting to Sales Director and other senior management as required.
- Develop key weekly reporting and management cycles with Project and Regional Sales teams.
- Use Confluence platform for Project Squad reporting and progress communications.
- Minimum of a matric exemption.
- Project Management skills are important.
- Computer skills training or literacy
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the Value-Added Service (VAS) vending industry and its associated dynamics is preferred.
- Prior commercial exposure to the formal retail market trading or supply industry is preferred.
- A proven ability to lead sales & support teams.
- Strong commercial savvy developed through prior experience in managing business unit revenue-generating and cost center and deliverables.
- Entrepreneurial flair is necessary to fit the trading culture and think on your feet.
- Sound EXCEL and data analytical skills. Project communication and performance tracking is delivered using Confluence software. The role requires the development of sound user knowledge and competence in this package
- Sound ability to lead and work within a computerised sales and administrative environment
- Sound Computer literacy: able to work independently with email word processing, spreadsheets, use the internet. This is essential to facilitate communication across the business and with outside stakeholders.
- Critical administrative skills include good organisational and planning skills as well as problemsolving and time-management skills. Attention to detail, well as the ability to manage multiple demands, is a necessity.
- Sound numeric and analytical skills.
- Sound communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Microsoft Office suite – word, excel, PowerPoint
- Email communication, Internet strategic usage, and mobile device strategic utilisation
- Freshdesk or similar customer retention platform
- Proprietary Sales Incentive System
- Confluence – Project Management tool
Work behaviours and attitudes:
- Highly driven individual, passionate about collaborating with other teams, selling services, and delivering results beyond the call of duty.
- An ability to lead through influence rather than direct authority, to get the most out of outside teams and stakeholders in a collaborative environment.
- Strong negotiation and deal-making skills. A strong commercial savvy is required, able to coordinate project commercials and outcomes on an optimistic, yet achievable basis.
- Strong ability to work independently, whilst being a member of a team.
- Actively seeks feedback, able to withstand criticism, and uses constructive criticism to improve.
- Highly professional, high personal standards, able to produce work of high quality.
- Show initiative, think on your feet, problem solve. An ability to withstand setbacks and forge ahead.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty.