Operations Technical Support Manager
Gauteng , R25000 - R25000 Per Month
Sector: Management Consulting
Posted: Tuesday, 3 May 2022
An opportunity has become available for an Operations Technical Support Manager based in Sandton, who will be responsible for managing the technical service-related operations for the organization and provides high-level technical support to customers and or staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Manage and monitor Vendor Technical Support to ensure adherence to Service Agreement (SA)
- Manage SLA as per requirements
- Manage costs associated with technical support
- Report on Vendor activity and monthly performance statistics
- Manage the stock, stock counts, allocations and returns of faulty components
- Weekly and monthly meetings with Vendor management to ensure adherence to SLA.
- Report on costs, call rates, cost per call and resourcing monthly and annually.
- Escalation of non-conformance to SLA to National Operations Manager – Field Services
Management of Escalated Technical Calls
- Monitor throughout the day the field technical service provider calls on the call monitoring system. Also receive notification from the National Operations Manager – Support/Field services, or any other authorized person, of logged calls that have been escalated as they have gone out of or are about to go out of SLA response times. As well as this type of call, communications and ad hoc calls will be received that require urgent or special attention.
- Prioritize all escalated calls and take the necessary actions with the responsible field technical service providers, in order to achieve a timeous and satisfactory resolution to the problems.
- Manage and monitor all device communications, responsible for individual and estate-wide failures
- Engage with external and internal stake holders regarding failures of communications, hardware and software as regards ensuring maximum uptime for every customer’s device
- If necessary, escalate calls to the National Operations Manager – Field Support for their assistance in resolving the problem.
- Initiate and maintain communication with the client (internal/external) until a final resolution to the escalated call is reached.
- Ensure all necessary corrective actions are taken timeously in response to any unacceptable level of individual or team performance that is identified.
Operating Manuals – Technical and Merchants
- Provide input as and when required into the device and technical operating manuals, and communications and support procedures.
- Ensure that all technicians and all clients have the relevant operating manuals.
Technical Resource Management
- Assist with managing our client’s technical equipment including vehicles, tools computers and cell phones, etc.
- Ensure that external service providers have adequate resourcing based on the existing and projected growth of the business
- Planning and management of training of all technical staff
- Secure Access Management – responsible for managing and maintaining the access to external and internal users of the system (QD Lock, SSA Webapp), including manual processes.
- Ensure that all necessary files, set-up files, tag sets, software versions and technical bulletins required to ensure that the devices in the field can and do operate optimally are available, maintained, and distributed
Stock Management & Logistics Management
- Assist with the planning and management of all ordering, storage, movement, allocations and counting of all components and spares required to operate the business – specific to both external vendors and the full device estate
- Assist with the return of damaged, faulty and wear and tear items and routing of those to either repair centres, or the disposal and acquisition of replacement stock – vendors and suppliers
- Responsible for the logistics suppliers and costs of movement for vendors
- Ensure that all processes which affect site inspection, deployments, switch-on and support thereafter, are always maintained and communicated to all parties
Reports – General - Monthly reporting:
- Vendor Statistics
- Priority Customer preventative maintenance scheduling/management
- Priority Customer SLA BDA reporting
- SLA Retail Client reporting
- Banking and high priority SLA and case management
- Other banks and large clients as and when required
- As and when required provide support to Operations field services management by compiling reports and providing analysis on
- activities and trends in the field.
- Oversight of repairs of device components, and management of the costs and analysis of any trends
- Procurement of additional suppliers as needed
- Manage and oversee projects as and when required.
- Matric essential
- Operations Management and/or technical diploma/degree advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations, management, leadership, and Vendor management.
- Computer literacy
- SAP software proficient
- Good report-writing skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong organisational and team-building skills
- Sound awareness of internal and external customer needs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent and able to work without supervision