Linux Intermediate Engineer
Gauteng , R37800 - R37800 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Tuesday, 19 April 2022
An IT Services company is looking for a Linux Intermediate Engineer to be responsible for the 2nd line Linux system administration support at customer sites, administer the Linux environment, deliver new infrastructure in support of initiatives, projects, monitoring and optimization of implemented systems.
To provide technical support services such as daily administration tasks, planning, installation, modification and maintenance to the client in alignment with company standards.
Operates closely with customer to determine requirements and resolve problems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Service Quality
- Proactively provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and the adoption of best practices.
- Assist team members with OS Security Hardening.
- Resolve Service Affecting Incidents & RCA’s to completion.
- Monitoring and improving the efficiency of support services.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science (Preferred)
- Tertiary Education in the ICT industry (Preferred)
- Tertiary qualification in IT technical field (Essential)
- ITIL Foundation certified (Advantageous)
- RHCSA / RHCE or similar qualification in Unix/Linux environment (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study.( Advantageous)
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in ICT, with at least 3 years in Linux System administration (Required). Experience in administering enterprise-scale Unix/Linux environments.
- Candidate should have in depth experience in hardware, system software, storage and networking.
- Advanced shell scripting experience (Advantageous)
- Red Hat Satellite exposure (Advantageous)
- Vulnerability and Patch Management (Essential)
- Automation experience (Advantageous)
- AWS Cloud experience (Advantageous)
- Backup and recovery experience (Required)
- Working knowledge of BMC Remedy (Advantageous)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Apply Analytical Thought Processes
- Encourage collaboration.
- Holistic Organisational Understanding
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good communications skills, verbal and writing
- Good time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines / under pressure