Senior DevOps Engineer
*Remote Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Friday, 8 April 2022
A small to medium sized company, based just out of the CBD in Cape Town, who works with a US clientele is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work alongside our Developer and Engineering team to mature, design and deploy automated infrastructure provisioning mechanisms through modern configuration management processes and procedures.
This role will help shape emergency communications by working to build high-availability and secure systems for dispatch and first responders.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure and work closely with a team of exceptional and dedicated DevOps engineers. This senior role is intended for a creative, precise, and motivated individual with a strong background in cloud-native solutions and modern software tooling and processes.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Implementing, improving, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for our cloud services allowing developers to push their changes to code with high confidence.
- Working closely with Engineering Feature teams to provide DevOps support needed in our Azure Cloud environments from Development all the way to Production.
- Building and maintaining reliable infrastructure in Azure utilizing Terraform for our all Infrastructure as Code initiative.
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and management of our microservices environment that runs on Kubernetes.
- Investigating new technologies and tools and recommending the ones that best fit the team as an organization.
- Documenting all cloud infrastructure, systems, and processes.
- Forming part of the top tier support team for escalated infrastructure issues.
- Sharing your knowledge and ensuring the security, operability, quality, and scalability of your work.
- Forming part of an after-hours on call rotation to address critical downtime.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- DevOps experience supporting Cloud Only Infrastructure Environments (Azure preferred)
- Docker and Kubernetes experience in a production setting
- Infrastructure as Code expertise utilizing Terraform
- CI/CD pipeline experience.
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience utilizing git as a repository for your infrastructure as code.
- Experience with relational (e.g. SQL server) and document (e.g. Cosmos) database systems.
- Experience with in-memory caching systems (e.g. Redis) would be beneficial
- Work well under pressure
- Good communication skills (Written and verbal)
- A good problem solver
- Have an inquisitive nature
- Like to keep this simple
- Can organise and plan well