Senior Third Line Azure Engineer
Western Cape , R37200 - R46500 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Friday, 8 April 2022
A leading UK technology and managed services provider is looking for a skilled and experienced cloud (Azure) technical engineer to remotely deliver senior 3rd line support and project services to multiple international customers, in line with contractual SLAs and KPIs.
This is an opportunity to work for a large international group that provides managed services to enterprise level customers across a wide range of industries and technologies. âÂÂÂ¯
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide third line incident management (diagnosis, investigation, resolution), as well as technical project implementation services to customers focusing on Cloud technologies.
- Work with incident management, service desk, other technical teams and the customer as required.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal teams and customers.
- Work directly with vendors to identify innovative solutions and actively apply those solutions for customer issues.
- Follow through on issues with vendors for a timely resolution.
- To be an integral team member identifying and contributing to customer service improvement suggestions, initiatives and solution realisation to all customers.
- Develop and enhance cooperative interdepartmental relationships and communications throughout the company and with individuals external to the company.
- AZ-900 - Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AZ-104 – Microsoft Azure Administration
- AZ-140 – Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop
- AZ-303 – Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Virtualization environment
- Minimum 5 years 3rd line experience
- Minimum 5 years advanced (Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2019) experience
- Minimum 2 years advanced Azure experience
- Subscription creation/management
- Understanding of DevOps principles and Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and techniques
- Excellent skills in at least one of following: ARM, PowerShell and Terraform driving cloud automation tooling as part of service DNA
- RBAC role configuration
- Good understanding of IP addressing, subnets, routing, firewall behavior in Azure
- Solid experience with Azure certificates and secret keys
- Managed SQL instances
- Good understanding of working with IaaS image as code technologies such as Packer and Azure Image builder
- Azure Backup
- Azure Site Recovery (Setup, Troubleshooting etc.)
- Minimum two years’ experience in assisting project management with proposals, project plans and closure reports for the above technologies
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbally)
- Documentation skills (updating technical documentation)
- Assertiveness in the face of the customer when needing to explain or defend a technical standpoint or approach
Behavioral Characteristics or Competencies
- Professional / Cognitive skills
- Strong written and oral communication in English is a must. Strong presentation skills are considered an asset
- Strong and proven troubleshooting ability in a large scale, fast-paced operations environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage time to support multiple high-priority objectives simultaneously
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty and / or stress
- Ability to design solutions and develop plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting the stated goals of both the company and its customer base
- Ability to manage client and management expectations, keeping all stakeholders informed about projects and / or incidents
- Ability to adjust plans to respond to changing business priorities
- People Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team sharing ideas and gaining consensus on a proper solution
- Effective and personable communication with customers and vendors to achieve desired results
- Ability and desire to mentor teammates on areas of expertise, helping raise the collective knowledge of the team
- Desire and drive to attain results and closure on issues even if faced with resistance & reluctance
- Reliability and commitment to getting the job done (including after hours as required
- Cover core UK hours as required
- Provide out of hours standby cover on a rotational basis
- Work overtime when required and approved
- Be willing to work some SA public holidays in return for overtime remuneration or time in lieu