Out of Africa Market Related
Sector: Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Posted: Wednesday, 6 April 2022
A residential care home is looking for a Healthcare Assistant to provide care for the Service Users under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, trained nursing staff and senior care assistants; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the Home as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- To assist the service users in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs and assistance with feeding, according to the Care Plan.
- Responding promptly to call bells.
- To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the person in charge.
- To ensure that service users are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
- To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. - Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc. fitted, cleaned and in working order.
- To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spillages immediately.
- To assist with general duties as & when required – this might include some domestic housekeeping and kitchen assistant tasks.
- To pay due respect to service users' possessions and to ensure that bedrooms and communal areas are tidy, presentable and secure.
- To work at all times, within the guidelines of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Employee Handbook and Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedure.
- To be aware of the fire procedures of the Home.
- To ensure readiness to commence work at the time stated and not to abandon duty without permission from the person in charge.
- To adhere to the policy relating to personal appearance and the uniform policy whilst on duty in the particular home.
- To ensure that articles for laundry are handled correctly before placing into correct laundry bag for sluice washing.
- To read and implement the Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Control.
- To ensure the appropriate segregation of waste material. That it is disposed of in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Control (i.e. clinical waste).
- To report to the Person in Charge any changes in individual service user’s condition and any other relevant matter, noting especially any changes in skin condition (bruising etc.).
- To report to the Person in Charge any verbal concerns or complaints raised by the service user or visitors, with the permission of the service user.
- To refer all enquiries regarding the care or condition of service users to the Person in Charge irrespective of the source of the enquiry.
- To respect the rights of service users including privacy and dignity.
- To assist in the serving and clearing of meals, snacks and drinks.
- To assist service users to eat and drink, monitoring intake and reporting any concerns to the Person in Charge.
- Complete all food and fluid charts and any other daily monitoring records as requested.
- To undertake any training, as identified.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required.
- To abide by all company Policies and Procedures in accordance with the Staff Handbook.
- To report any concerns re possible abuse of service users immediately to the person in charge.
- To respect the confidentiality of the service users and the home life at all times, including when you are using social networking systems.
- Genuine interest in working within a care environment
- Good level of English language and vocabulary
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, verbal & written
- Ability to work as a member of a team or individually
- Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes
- Satisfactory Police check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Basic understanding of Infection Control and effective hand hygiene
- Previous experience of working in a care setting
- Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved or working towards)
- Evidence of having undertaken relevant training (i.e. moving and handling, health and safety, food hygiene, infection control, safeguarding etc.