Clearing & Forwarding Co-ordinator
Kwazulu Natal , R30000 - R30000 Per Month
Sector: FMCG - Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Posted: Wednesday, 6 April 2022
A leading FMCG exporter is currently looking for a dynamic Clearing & Forwarding Coordinator who has experience in the exportation of FMCG products. As this is a new department and we are looking for an assertive person who can make things happen
This position would be working alongside the Export department ensuring that the company covers the complete export transaction from start to finish.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- The preparation of the necessary export documentation for South African customs clearance. This includes the processing of custom entry, paying port dues and shipping line charges that are applicable to the shipment concerned.
- Following the necessary regulations and rules governing the exportation of product from South Africa.
- Helping to provide a safe and secure transport of cargo to our clients.
- Ensuring compliance with the customs to ensure that the cargo is legal and able to qualify for delivery to its ultimate destination.
- Responsible for all inspections of the goods being exported and ensuring that they conform to all export laws.
- At least 5 years in a clearing and forwarding company, ideally with a managerial role.
- Excellent knowledge of EUR1s, Phytosanitary certificates, SAD500s
- Knowledge of exports and logistics.
- Clearing & Forwarding experience
- Specialisation in Mixed FMCG containers, ie: Many suppliers in one container
- Experienced in EUR1’s
- Experienced in PHYTO’s
- Experience in dealing with DAFF/VETD/PPECB inspectors
- Experience in using EASY CLEAR programme
- Experience in processing SAD500s with SARS
- Good mathematical understanding and an ability to read numbers.
- Working knowledge of INCO-terms both on a buying and selling basis
- Creative and inventive style of thinking