Major Incident Manager
Western Cape , R34000 - R34000 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Friday, 1 April 2022
An IT solutions company are looking for a Major Incident Manager to manage multiple service suppliers by integrating them, so they can collaborate to provide the customer expected value. The integration introduces the concept of a single, customer-facing logical entity known as the service integrator.
The major incident manager under the SIAM function is the owner of all major incidents. The role includes declaring the incident as a major incident and ensuring that the MIM process is followed, and the incident is resolved at the earliest.
The role requires standby or shifts on a rotation basis.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Own and drive incident management bridge calls and chats with stakeholders and the senior leadership with the purpose of remediating impacting incidents.
- Manage the Major Incident Management Function, to ensure it is constantly improving and relevant to support its aims and objectives,
- Ensure the appropriate and correct communications are sent to stakeholders and the senior leadership;
- Develop strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Perform major incident debriefs to Incident Management leadership, service management and business leads and participate in post-event issue follow-up ensuring any highlighted remediation items are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- ITIL certification(s),
- Strong Excel Skills,
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role,
- Technical qualifications would be beneficial
- 2-3 Years’ experience, with the focus on MIM,
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT terminology, systems, and processes. IT Infrastructure knowledge strongly preferred,
- Previous experience with written and verbal communication to executive management, effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of being able to relate technical to business or non-technical users/stakeholders,
- Understanding of a ticketing system, preferred ServiceNow,
- Knowledge of Incident/Problem trend analysis
- Incident / Problem Management experience preferred
- Deep understanding of the Incident, Service Request, Problem and Knowledge Management processes
Skills and Competencies
- Impactful communication/Excellent communication skills (Written and verbal),
- Inclusive Teamwork,
- Positive Resilience,
- Self-Driven Learning,
- Smart Decision Making,
- Methodical Mindset,
- Problem Solving skill set,
- Ability to remain calm under pressure,
- Ability to multi-task (handle large number of people/departments on the phone, email and IM at same time),
- General understanding of how technology solves business problems,
- Strong attention to detail,