Gauteng Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Friday, 1 April 2022
An IT solutions company are looking for a SIAM Manager to manage multiple service suppliers by integrating them, so they can collaborate to give/provide the customer great value. The integration introduces the concept of a single, customer-facing logical entity known as the service integrator.
SIAM aims to bring the desired governance and control which will ensure organisational policies and standards are not ignored or inconsistently applied; and suppliers act in a cohesive and efficient manner. Contingent on location, the role can be an individual contributor or may manage the SIAM Team. As manager, the role requires seasoned management skills inclusive of recruiting staff, setting objectives aligned, reviewing accomplishments, coaching for success, and counselling for improvement. Assigned staff may be remote based and/or in a work from home setting that will require distance management skills across locations and cultures.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Leadership and Management of People
- Ensuring the vision and purpose of the SIAM is delivered on a day to day basis
- Provide leadership to all the SIAM functions.
- Line managing colleagues within multi-disciplinary teams operating ito disciplinary, absence and work performance.
- Enabling the performance of others, including agreeing objectives which are fully aligned to departmental and organisational objectives and goals, and the development and motivation of staff to achieve them.
- Conducting meaningful appraisals and 1-1s, developing and monitor training and personal development plans, setting performance targets and monitoring progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Advising individuals on career paths and encouraging pro-active development of SIAM based skills and core capabilities.
- Undertaking recruitment and selection in line with organisational processes, and participate in the implementation and delivery of initiatives to secure suitable capability, increase skills levels and develop talent pools to meet the changing needs of the business landscape.
- Providing and encouraging 360 feedback to support and promote the personal development of teams and individuals.
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for the team to further develop their skills to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Taking ownership for decision making within own area, seeking support and feedback to develop well thought out solutions which both enable team performance and further develop the team.
- Pro-actively allocating, managing and reviewing colleague workload, management information and resource requests to inform forward planning and resource management.
- Managing a delegated budget in accordance with company policies, standing orders, financial regulations and legislative requirements.
- Leading the creation of the SIAM budget and accountable for monitoring and measuring this. Support the business planning process for the wider Technology function.
- Effectively engaging and collaborating across multiple disciplines to ensure adoption and application of agreed Technology Governance frameworks, methods, standards, and patterns.
- Identifying opportunities, engaging and fostering relationships and partnership working within the organisation, and with third parties, and cross government organisations to identify, influence and deliver value to the organisation;
- Implementing stakeholder engagement/communications plans, such as handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information. Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Escalates issues or problems where appropriate.
- Building a network of networks across the organisation and leveraging relationships to meet objectives.
- Taking and applying data and insight from a range of resources; implementing monitoring and reporting on a number of areas including agreed service levels, KPI's and standards within team, reviewing individual and team performances including outputs from appraisals, development needs, and trends are identified, and anomalies understood and reports generated and delivered to agreed frequency, methods and processes.
- Supporting the lifecycle management of Technology’s assets and relevant registers.
Contract and Supplier Management
- Act as single point of contact for all service delivery, project delivery for all internal and external supplier related matters.
- Gathering business requirements for outsourcing or seeking products or services
- approving prerequisites for supplier selection
- involving intermediaries for creating RfXs and/or managing the RfX process
- categorizing suppliers based on their importance to the organization
- approving RfX-sent suppliers
- handling due diligence and the contract negotiation process
- providing direction to onboard or offboard suppliers and/or services
- designing and instituting governance and compliance organizational and conflict-resolving procedures
- chairing and conducting governance and compliance and supplier review meetings
- ensuring the inclusion of clauses related to conflict resolving as part of the contract
- providing decisions on conflicts, rewards, penalties, and exceptions
- College degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experience
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Overall 20+ years of experience in IT / ITES industry
- Extensive experience with SIAM and BMC type toolsets
- Knowledge and deep understanding of IT Infrastructure Library offerings (ITIL 4)
- Knowledge and deep understanding of ITSM Information Technology Service Management
- 10-12yrs of exp in ITIL Based Service Management practices. understanding of industry practices and international standards
- Service Integration and Management (SIAM) ITIL V3, ITIL 4
- Strong knowledge of practices and protocols, experience in working with 3rd Party vendors/partners/suppliers
- A strong understanding of Service Integration, Vendor Management, Operational risk and resilience, Business Process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices
- All aspects of the IT infrastructure Operations and critical components and services, including the delivery mechanisms and IT associated with each, and the technical and operations infrastructure.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to logically break down a problem into smaller manageable parts to solve.
- A proven expert in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization, specifically at senior management level.
- Ability to organize, delegate, and leverage resources to accomplish objectives.
- Strong organizational skills & exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
- Our ideal candidate will have 20+ yrs. of Overall experience, 5+ years of relevant Multi Supplier Integration/ SIAM experience working on Design, Implementation, Governance and Delivery Operations. He will be accountable and responsible for managing entire SIAM Operations