Customer Dedicated – Team Leader - Desktop
Free State Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Tuesday, 29 March 2022
An IT solutions company are looking for a Team Leader to lead the customer dedicated desktop team. As the Team Leader you will manage, develop and motivate your team, you will have responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction.
The position will assist the Operations Manager in establishing goals in alignment with the company vision.
The desktop team has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of the customers computing environment ensuring server, storage, back-up, operating system, virtualization, workstations and cloud platforms ensuring application availability is maintained at the highest level.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsibility and authority over the successful delivery of the technical services performed by the team.
- Manage the Utilisation/Capacity of the team including overtime and leave management.
- Ensuring performance of resources is on standard by execution effective poor and good performance management.
- Responsible for approving: travel, expenses and timesheets for the team as per the appropriate company policy’s and guidelines.
- Assist the Operations Manager with your teams to develop individual training plans carry out and document annual performance reviews.
- Facilitate problem solving and support issues within the team.
- Ensuring all services are delivered to a high quality.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the management, development and maintenance of the operational services standards and procedures in compliance with company standards and policies.
- Maintaining stakeholder contacts within LSA key customer base.
- Working as a key member of the wider team to deliver the business goals as set by the business.
- Provide team updates and host and lead regular team meetings.
- Supporting other LSA services departments to ensure the overall service quality to customers is maintained at a high level.
- Develop a service excellence culture to drive customer satisfaction.
- Be a mentor, coach and role model for other management team members.
- Work as part of a team to achieve the group and departmental standards.
- Speak positively and act as an ambassador for the company and its products and services, to ensure that a professional company brand is always provided
- Work closely with Service Delivery Managers and areas of Governance relevant to the service.
- Lead operational teams in the design, implementation and testing of technical and Service change, including the allocation of delivery tasks.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of planned technical and service change, continually checking on accuracy and that it meets the customer’s need.
- Graduate or qualified by experience
- Managerial training and experience an advantage
- Process accreditations, ITIL, Project as appropriate.
- Relevant Vendor certifications to include Microsoft and CompTIA.
- Strong technical background of at least 3 years in a desktop and end user support environment
2+ years’ experience in:
- Demonstrable experience of managing a technical Support functions in a similar environment.
- Strong people manager skills – advises, mentors, designs, establishes, evaluates, facilitates, influences and promotes.
- Strong customer focus.
- Work with a high level of autonomy, seeking appropriate assistance where necessary.
- Able to engage at senior management level both internally and externally to within well-defined limits of delegation.
- Be able to network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to communicate fluently both orally and in writing and can present technical information.
- Is able to absorb new technical information and apply it effectively.
- Actively removes obstacles in the organisation to improve performance.
- Challenge others’ assumptions, negative behaviours and poor use of resources.
- Ability to work in a very busy and highly pressurised environment.
- A detailed and accurate approach to undertaking all duties
- Create an environment orientated to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Motivate and inspire team members.
- Lead by setting a good example (role Model) – behaviour consistent with words
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Maintain healthy group dynamics.
- Professional and diligent.
- Support the team members in working through their induction programme.
- Effective communicator at all levels. (verbal/written)
- Good influencing skills.
- Results and details orientated.
- Relationship development and management.
- Attention to detail.
- Well organised and methodical.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a good sense of humour.
- Full driving licence.