Operations Support Engineer - Compute
Free State Market Related
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Tuesday, 29 March 2022
An IT solutions company are looking for an Operations Support Engineer to focus on the smooth running of our customers environment ensuring server, storage, back-up, OS and application availability is maintained at the highest level. This is achieved by performing routine maintenance, implementing best practices etc. As an engineer you will be responsible for working on complex Incidents, problems and changes always adhering to ITIL principles. The Operations team operative 24/7 - 365 days a year on a rotational 12-hour shift schedule.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Event management - monitoring alarms from LogicMonitor and other tools such as Managed Engine Operations Manager, opening incidents in the ticketing system and notifying customers of an event within defined SLAs.
- Contact third party suppliers to log support calls, obtain updates on open support calls or request technical advice.
- Liaise with logistics team to ensure spares are delivered to a customer site where required.
- Liaise with the Maintenance team to ensure required parts are sourced and shipped to a customer site within SLA.
- Manage the “planned maintenance” process, receiving Carrier notifications of downtime and notifying the customer of any impact to service.
- Work closely with resource management to organise engineer to site where required.
- Carry out remote diagnostic tests and checks when incidents are logged by customers.
- Escalating calls to senior engineers or management as appropriate.
- Liaison with internal departments, vendors and suppliers where required.
- To take ownership of Customers’ requests and be proactive when dealing with Customers’ issues.
- To ensure all requests meet or exceed the contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Always maintain high customer-care levels.
- Provide advanced diagnostics when appropriate.
- Implement routine and minor Change Requests.
- Actively seek to improve and grow own skill and knowledge in appropriate areas.
- Identifying and recommending improvement to the team.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks.
- Manage phone calls from customers, ensuring they are made aware of what action has been or will be taken to resolve their issues.
- Handle incoming emails from customers, resolver teams and service management ensuring they are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Perform Incident Management to ensure that the appropriate action is being taken to meet SLAs and service is restored for the customer.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Update customers by telephone or e-mail on the progress of a support call or to ask for additional information.
- Assist with the implementation of Customer projects, internal support projects or support administration tasks.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- National High School Senior Certificate (or equivalent)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA N+ (preferable, not mandatory)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft (MCSA/MCSE)
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Veeam (VMCE)
- VMware (VCP 6.5 or later)
- ITIL Foundation
2+ years’ experience in:
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System (2008, 2012, 2016) and key roles, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP IIS, FTP and Clustering.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering VMware 6.x, 7.x vSphere SRM and vSphere Replication.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Nutanix.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 – 2016.
- Experience in administrating Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Experience of administering/scheduling Backup and Replication Solutions. (HP Data Protector, Veeam, Commvault).
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2016.
- Administration and Configuration of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering ESET Antivirus solutions.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Fortinet Appliances.
- Administration of HP and IBM Tape Libraries.
- Administration & troubleshooting of storage systems. (Dell SAN Storage, Synology, HP 3PAR, and IBM DS and Storwize)
- Administration & troubleshooting of Compute Hardware. (Dell, IBM, HP)
- Network switching and routing experience. (Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Proficient understanding of PowerShell scripting
- Recognised as a professional in field.
- Strong ability to solve and troubleshoot problems remotely.
- Ability to work in a very busy and highly pressurised environment.
- A detailed and accurate approach to undertaking all duties.
- The ability to communicate both verbally and electronically in a clear, professional manner.
- A good listener, with the ability to communicate technical issues and resolutions to people of varying technical levels.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and to maintain a high level of motivation and productivity.
- Ability to deal with high impact, high profile, incidents and remain calm under pressure.
- Client focussed and with customer care / services mind-set.
- Numerate and literate with an eye for detail.
- Professional & diligent.
- Excellent communicator at all levels (verbal/written).
- A team player but able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Experience dealing with Enterprise customers.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and confident.
- Good PC skills, MS Office packages.
- Full, clean, driving licence.
- Ability to obtain SC security clearance