Systems Administrator and Support Manager
Western Cape , R30000 - R32000 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Tuesday, 29 March 2022
A business consulting platform operating on a global scale is looking for Systems Administrator/ support manager will support and maintain the Microsoft Windows domain, Linux servers and provide desktop support for local users. Log all issues and actions taken on company help desk ticket system.
The position will report directly to the general IT Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide 3rd line assistance to help desk technicians.
- Provide reactive and proactive support on our local networks including, but not limited to:
- Managing Windows Servers, i.e., checking event viewer for errors and resolving.
- Maintain Department Profile software deployment within Group Policy.
- Maintaining pfSense firewall and adding routes/services as required.
- Network management, including setting up of new switches and monitoring as required for issues. Working with VLAN’s.
- Managing Proxy servers – Squid on Linux OS.
- Maintenance and installation of MS SQL Servers and Databases.
- Checking backups are running correctly and correct on errors. Run restores if required.
- Creating new Access Control tags and extensions on our telephony systems
- Ensure compliance to all safety and security protocols including anti-virus controls and maintenances.
- Document all resolutions and procedures for future reference.
- Implement company computer policy to ensure data security.
- Updating of computer inventory and user database.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by users whilst supporting them.
- Be available, on a rota basis, to provide assistance out of hours to branches operating on different time zones.
- Other duties as assigned by the General IT Manager.
- Perform hardware and software installations.
- Assist with IT reports as required.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- MIN : 5 years Continuous IT experience in a similar position
- Windows and Linux Server skillset.
- Networking and network security skillset.
- Reliable and respectful of confidentiality.
- Advantageous to have previous management experience.
- Advantageous to speak another European language such as Dutch, French, German or Spanish.
- Good excel and reporting skills
- Solutions orientated.
- Take ownership of problems until full resolution.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and deadlines.
- Document external delays which hinder adherence to time schedule.
- Report project progress to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manage allocated tickets to ensure regular updates are gathered, logged and the user involved informed.
- Propose solutions and improvements at all times
- This position requires high levels or confidentiality and accountability.