Western Cape , R30000 - R40000 Per Month
Sector: IT / Computers / Software
Posted: Monday, 28 March 2022
A leading micro-payment processing service aggregator is looking for a Data Engineer to work alongside Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Analysts to scope business and technical requirements in their day-to-day role.
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the design and development of an ETL solution to centralise data from various sources into a single environment. This solution will be used across business to empower both Analytics and Data Science. The Data Engineer will need to play a role in the designing of the architecture around the ETL pipelines, but also in the handling of the data itself to create, maintain and ensure the integrity of features for business-needs.
This role requires a candidate with a strong passion for data who is excited to be involved in decision making and implementation of such a system from conception to implementation.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop understanding of where and how data is currently stored within our environments.
- Formulate strategies on how to aggregate data across multiple systems into single repository for both analytics as well as data science
- Implement above strategies to improve our data warehouse and to make a single-source-of-truth database available for consistent analytics across our company.
- Build and maintain a feature store for use in Data Science
- Develop dashboards in PowerBI
- BSc in Computer Science Degree or BSc in Statistics would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer
- Extensive experience in MySQL, PostGRES, AWS, Redshift, Python, R, Linux
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, self-motivated
- Good communicator
- Team player