Client Portfolio Administrator
Western Cape , R14000 - R25000 Per Month
Sector: Financial / Accounting Services
Posted: Wednesday, 15 December 2021
A financial services provider is looking for a Client Portfolio Administrator who will be primarily responsible for performing the tasks that comprise the administrative service offering to Clients, thereby contributing to the ongoing Client relationship. The main focus of the role is to provide quality service and maximise Client retention and referral. The Portfolio Administrator is not required to be accredited with the service products handled, though a moderate level of technical knowledge is needed to perform the role. The Portfolio Administrator needs excellent relationship management, secretarial and administrative skills. This is a position of trust and will require honesty dealing with finances.
In addition a working knowledge of product features and benefits is required. The incumbent also requires sufficient client management skill to attend face-to-face client meetings and actively assist as required in managing the financial planning process and client relationship
Specific details are recorded in the staff duties schedule.
To achieve the objectives of this role, the Portfolio Administrator is dependent on the following internal and/or external networks:
- Business Manager
- Advice team
- Support Staff team
- External Service Providers, Life Assurance Companies, Investment Platforms and Fund Managers
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
New business implementation
- Implementation of all new business, including all fund manager and life office follow-ups. This includes completing and submitting application / prospectus forms where necessary, contacting suppliers and ensuring business completes in a timely fashion.
- Follow-up any outstanding payments or documentation from the Client.
- Input of all relevant Client details on the Client management system.
- Receipt all new business and perform the tasks of the implementation phase of the sales process eg. Welcome letter sent to Client etc.
- Keeping Clients informed as to the progress of their matters per company policy.
- Ensure the accurate production of all Client portfolio review documentation and reports.
- Ensure the accurate production of all Client risk management review documentation and reports.
- Regularly update and maintain Client, insurance and investment information in the Client management system.
- Co-ordinate all Client correspondence, either as part of the sales & service process, for marketing purposes, or at the request of the Adviser, Business Manager, or Wealth Manager.
- Implementation of all switches or redemptions, including all fund manager follow-ups. This includes completing forms where necessary. You will not be required to complete technical aspects relating to funds and percentage allocations.
- Implementation of all changes to insurance benefits or coverage, including all life company and medical/financial follow-ups. This includes completing forms where necessary.
- Co-ordination of all claims correspondence and life office follow-up of claims progress.
- Record all Client contact on the Client management system.
- Ensure all changes to Client details are communicated to and implemented by the appropriate fund managers and life offices.
- Ensure all Client problems are solved in an efficient manner, often handling the liaison with fund managers, life offices and Clients. Assist with all Client enquiries, in-line with the company’s service offer. This may include delegating the Client inquiry to the most appropriate staff member, and does not include the provision of advice to Clients.
- Contribute towards the maintenance of existing Client relationships with the company; in-line with the company service process and ensure maximum Client retention is achieved.
- Produce and ensure client review invitations are communicated per company policy.
- Ensure that the Adviser/Wealth Manger is kept informed of client communications per company policy.
- Assist with the maintenance of the client income records on the client management system.
Marketing plan implementation
- Ensure all prospect and prospect details are input on the Client management system and that these details are maintained as per the sales process.
- Participation in marketing activities as required. eg. Attend client functions
- Ensure all Client files and electronic records are maintained in-line with procedures outlined in the policies and procedures manual.
- Prepare new Client files as needed.
- Produce any documents or correspondence as required by the Adviser, Wealth Manger or Business Manager.
- Other duties as requested by the Business Manager.
- Ensure record of third party related procedures and parameters are kept up to date.
- Participate in maintenance and development of business processes and systems.
Develop and Maintain Relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within strategic alliance partners (service providers).
- Develop and maintain relationships with key service providers, particularly fund managers and life companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, as per the client segmentation and service offer
New client take-on
- Attend or contribute towards client meetings as requested by the adviser.
- Implementation of new business, including all fund manager and life office follow-ups. This includes completing and submitting application / prospectus forms where necessary, contacting suppliers and ensuring business completes in a timely fashion.
- Contribute towards the management of the ongoing client relationship in-line with the sale and service offering, to achieve the desired retention levels for each segment.
Relief reception duties (during lunch break)
- Answer incoming calls as required. Handle queries to limits of role or delegate to the appropriate staff member.
- Give a friendly, helpful and welcoming impression to Clients and prospective Clients both in person and over the phone.
- Develop a moderate level of technical knowledge and ensure it is maintained or expanded.
- Provide training as required to all other staff, incl. Advisers, Wealth Mangers and other Client service staff.
- Participate in training and development as outlined in the individual training plan.
- Develop and maintain team ethics, in-line with the business’s culture and ethical guidelines.
- Handle initial Prospect enquiries to limit of authority and book appointments in Adviser’s diary as appropriate.
- Conduct any prospect follow-up phone calls to obtain further information.
- Print, and bind financial plans and risk management plans as needed.
- Collate required application forms, representations and fact sheets for Client meetings.
- Make follow-up phone calls to confirm Client appointments as outlined in the sales process.
- Assess each Client for further sales opportunities, either during Client contact or as part of marketing activities.
- Discuss opportunities with the Adviser and contribute towards sales process as necessary.
- Contribute towards setting individual objectives and KPIs in conjunction with Advisers and Business Manager, and based on achieving business objectives
- Provide accurate reports on individual performance and activities as requested.
- Contribute towards assessment of individual skills and compilation of training and development plan.
- Comply with all business policies and procedures.
- Contribute towards assessment of office morale and culture.
- Comply with company procedures to support compliance with the FAIS and FICA acts and other relevant legislation.
- Complete all necessary reports as directed by the management team.
- Moderate experience in a professional environment.
- Understanding of industry culture, products and services.
- Expertise in production of documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Effective Client service and relationship skills including the ability to modify approach to meet the needs of the Client
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Event co-ordination skills, including ability to tailor event to the audience for maximum effectiveness.
- Understanding of the products and services offered by the business.
- Ability to network effectively with staff of suppliers and COIs and maintain effective working relationship
- Ability to implement a project and action plans and juggle workload commitments.
- Excellent overall communication abilities including interpersonal effectiveness and ability to modify approach to suit various audiences.
- Strong time management and follow–up ethic
- Business related study or degree
- Industry related training
- Competence in Client and policy data systems used in business
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures for operating.
- Understanding of key drivers for small business success.
- Networking abilities both internal and external to the organisation
- Demonstrates knowledge of investment and risk concepts