Over the past two weeks we have been running a social media campaign with our team, showcasing the most different, funniest and strangest interview questions we have heard being used (or at times have used ourselves), and we thought we would share them for a good laugh. So please enjoy our top 10 ‘different’ interview questions:
- If you could have any superpower, which one would you want?
- What title would you give your autobiography?
- If your house caught fire, once your family and pets were safe, what three things would you try to save?
- If you could become any animal, what would you choose?
- What type of car would you be?
- How would you figure out the weight of an elephant without using a scale?
- Tell me five different ways you could use a stapler when it runs out of staples.
- What is your favorite food, and why?
- If your last boss had to give your eulogy, what do you think they’d say?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you?
But in order to really give you real value, here are the top three questions you should ALWAYS use in your interviews, and a note to ensure that you use the same questions for each candidate for the same role, to ensure you are able to compare apples with apples:
- What do you know about our company, and why do you want to work here?
- What skills and strengths can you bring to this position?
- Can you tell me about your current job?